Over the last few months, I have been dealing with a lot of things:
- My Mom's Cancer has come back and I spent several days with her, in and out of doctor appointments, trying to find the best course of action.
- My business has picked up- Ironically, since I haven't been doing some of the things I normally would if I were "on my game" (I shutter to imagine how full my sales funnel would be, had I been doing all the things I know I need to do- including blogging!)
- I fell, just last week- which has set me back a little further- being that I can not lift my left arm over my head. With that- come simple things I can no longer do very easily; like style my hair, pick things up, or anything really, that has to do with the use of my left hand/arm. Who knew being a "righty" that I used that side of my body so much!
So, the first part of 2013 has been a challenge. I have struggled with the reality of losing my mom, possibly sooner, than later (and living in another city away from her), to being sucked in my daily "to-do" list of business and personal items; to injuring myself which not only hurts, but holds me back from being as productive as I usually am. I felt "stuck", unmotivated and exhausted from it all.
After doing much reflecting, I discovered that there is an up-side of all of this (yes, there is an "up side")!
The Upside, is that these things, while posing their challenges, have actually slowed me down a bit; For those of you who know me, slowing down is not on my list of things I must accomplish in my life- but it has been a good thing.
- I had to weed out the volunteer projects and things that were sucking what little time I did have, out of my productivity schedule.
- I have been forced to rest- as my body with the stress and pain, demand it.
- I have been able to spend more quality time with my mom, that I might not have done, otherwise and reconnected with some good friends from childhood, just by me spending time in my hometown.
- My husband and I have bonded more because I have had to ask for his assistance on simple tasks that I would normally do myself (I must say, he is perfecting is hair brushing and styling skills these days!)
- My To Do List has gotten shorter- because I am much more conscious about delegating, prioritizing and knowing my limits.
- My business will wait- even if my clients won't! This was a hard one for me to swallow, but the fact of the matter is, even my clients were understanding, because I commun
Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I turned to dabbling on the internet- Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter... and then I realized, if I had time to check Facebook for the umpteenth time yesterday, I had time to write a blog post. I had time, to make some much needed adjustments to my websites and those of my clients. I needed to make the choice, to get UNSTUCK.
So, here it is, my first blog post of 2013. My transparent, authentic attempt to get back in the saddle. :)